The Natural Health Clinic in Bandon was formed by Sabina Jennings. Part of the consultation consists of Iridology and Kinesiology ( food testing). Sabina believes that it is vital you look and assess the patient fully and not take medical conditions in isolation to the rest of the body.
The main conditions seen in clinic:
- Skin conditions – eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, general itchy skin etc
- Digestive issues – IBS, excessive gas, bloating, constipation, diarrhea.
- Weight concerns – not being able shed weight, general weight loss
- Anxiety and irritability – panic attacks, feeling nervy, anxious
- Tiredness and fatigue – feeling tired through the day or periodic tiredness
- Foggy thinking – can’t think clearly, feeling that the mind is in ‘think soup’
- Joint and muscle pains –
Sabina’s specialist subject is Skin Conditions as she has a post graduate diploma in Dermatology.
‘ The skin is a wonderful organ that gives us so much information about our overall health.’
To achieve good health first look to the digestive tract. Dr Bernard Jensen said – ‘Bowel is King’ and this is proving to be so true with our modern day lives, consisting of fast food, stress and worry etc. However with the aid of herbal medicine, supplements and finding the foods that are suitable to the client, then well-being can be re-balanced.
“you need to identify your triggers and strengthen your body by addressing food sensitivities, nutrients, intestinal permeability, toxins, stress, and chronic infections.” – Izabella Wentz – author and New York Times best seller – this statement so perfectly addresses our clinic’s protocol.
Why is food intolerance testing so important? The simple answer is that unless you take away the ‘triggers’ that are affecting the health the body, medicine, supplements etc will continually struggle to have an beneficial outcome. In some cases the medicine will show positive results for a short while and then the symptoms re-appear. The choice then, is either to raise the dose level of the medicines or start looking at the causes. Intolerances to food is one of the causes. Stress, anxiety, lifestyle etc are others.
In clinic we have over 600 vials of foods, supplements, herbal teas, herbal tinctures to test on the client to see which will be of benefit and which is not benefiting the client.
There is no waiting for results. The tests and recommendations are given during the consultation.
Why the information from Iridology is so important in a consultation:-
It is estimated that the iris (the coloured part of the eye) has 23,000 nerve ending which
are linked to the organs and tissue of the body. It is the reflex nerve impulses from the various points of the body, via the hypothalamus that formulate and alter the pattern of the fibres of the iris. By analysing these colours and patterns, an Iridologist can assist the patient in maintaining and restoring optimum health, as well as aiding the patient to be aware of hereditary conditions, inflammation and potential toxicity within the body.
Iridology helps identify:-
* Weakness and strengths in specific areas such as physical- emotional – digestive tract – muscular skeletal.
* Acid/alkaline balance. Is a person sensitive to acidity within body.
* Constitutional type – can you party all night long or do you have to pace yourself?
* Toxin over-load – does the person body have a tendancy to hold on to toxins?
* Hormonal imbalances/influences – some irises show a glandular predisposition and imbalances are easy triggered.
* Autonomic nervous system imbalances
* Predisposition to inflammatory responses
Iridology is based on the following equation : each element of this equation is assessed on how it is affecting the health of a person.
Health Status = Physical Inheritance + Environment (Diet, lifestyle, etc.) + Emotional/Spiritual Factors + Age.
health status equation by Dr Bill Caradonna –
Exciting new research is being conducted by the modern pioneers of Iridology. John Andrews, voted International Iridologist 2007, is still continuing his research into the effect of sugar on the body, amongst other research projects. Through his findings together with findings from independent Italian researchers, the adverse effects of sugar on the human body is proving to be of great significance particularly when sugar intolerances are undetected in certain medical investigations.
Please note that all the information and all content on this site is for information purposes only. Always seek expert advice from a full qualified medical practitioner before taking any medications, embarking on any exercise programme or changing dietary protocols.